Atlantic Division foes meet when the Boston Celtics (2-2) host the Memphis Grizzlies (1-2) at TD Garden, tipping off at 7:30 PM ET on Wednesday, December 30, 2020. The Celtics are favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of December 30, 2020, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Grizzlies Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 30
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Tacko Fall: Out (Eye),
Kemba Walker: Out (Left knee)
Xavier Tillman: Out (Patellar Tendinitis),
Jontay Porter: Out (Knee),
Justise Winslow: Out (Hip),
Ja Morant: Out (Ankle),
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee),
De’Anthony Melton: Out (Health protocols),
Killian Tillie: Out (Hamstring)
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook here and get the best bonuses available anywhere!
Celtics Key Players
Grizzlies Key Players
|Jaren Jackson Jr.||57||17.4||4.6||1.4||0.7||1.6||2.5|
- The Celtics made 46% of their shots from the field last season, which was one percentage point higher than the Grizzlies allowed to their opponents (45%).
- Boston had a 34-9-3 record against the spread and a 38-8 straight-up record in games it shot better than 45% from the field.
- Memphis’ record was 32-10 against the spread and 31-11 overall when its opponents made more than 46% of their shots from the field.
- The Grizzlies’ 46.8% shooting percentage from the field last season was three percentage points higher than the Celtics gave up to their opponents (43.8%).
- Memphis went 34-17-1 against the spread and 31-21 overall when it shot higher than 43.8% from the field.
- Last season, Boston had a 45-23-2 record against the spread and a 50-20 straight up record when it allowed opponents to shoot greater than 46.8% from the field.
- The Celtics shot 35.9% from three-point range last season, 0.6% lower than the 36.5% the Grizzlies allowed to opponents.
- Boston went 31-6-3 against the spread and 36-4 overall when it shot better than 36.5% from distance.
- Memphis put up a 26-9-1 against the spread while going 24-12 overall in games last season when its opponents shot higher than 35.9% from downtown.
- The Grizzlies’ three-point shooting percentage last season (35%) was only 1.6 percentage points higher than opponents of the Celtics averaged (33.4%).
- Memphis went 28-13 ATS and 24-17 overall when the team hit more than 33.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Boston had a 37-13-1 ATS record and a 38-13 straight-up record last season when it hit more than 35% of its three-point shots.
- The Celtics’ 12.5 made three-pointers per game last season were 1.5 more made shots on average than the 11 per game the Grizzlies allowed.
- When Boston made more threes than its opponents last season, it went 31-14-2 against the spread and 37-10 overall. When Memphis was out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it was 18-28 ATS and 16-30 straight up.
- The Celtics ranked 12th in the NBA in made three-pointers a season ago, while the Grizzlies allowed the 23rd-fewest made threes in the league.
Celtics vs Grizzlies Stat Rankings
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Grizzlies AVG||Grizzlies Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from