The Boston Celtics (1-1) hit the court against the Indiana Pacers (2-0) as just favorites on Sunday, December 27, 2020 at 8:00 PM ET on NBCS-BOS. The over/under is for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of December 26, 2020, 8:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Pacers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 27
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Tacko Fall: Out (Eye),
Kemba Walker: Out (Left knee)
Jeremy Lamb: Out (Knee),
Edmond Sumner: Day To Day (Illness),
Goga Bitadze: Out (Right ankle),
Brian Bowen II: Out (Groin)
Celtics Key Players
Pacers Key Players
- Last season, the Celtics had a 46% shooting percentage from the field, which was 1.3% higher than the 44.7% of shots the Pacers’ opponents made.
- In games Boston shot higher than 44.7% from the field, it went 34-10-3 against the spread and 39-8 overall.
- Indiana went 25-18-2 against the spread and 30-15 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 46% from the field.
- The Pacers shot at a 47.5% clip from the field last season, 3.7 percentage points greater than the 43.8% shooting opponents of the Celtics averaged.
- Last season, Indiana had a 34-22-2 record against the spread and a 39-19 record overall in games the team collectively shot higher than 43.8% from the field.
- Boston went 48-25-2 against the spread and 53-22 overall in games it allowed opponents to shoot greater than 47.5% from the field.
- The Celtics’ 35.9% three-point shooting percentage last season was just 1.6 percentage points higher than opponents of the Pacers shot from beyond the arc (34.3%).
- Boston went 35-15-4 against the spread and 43-11 overall when it shot better than 34.3% from distance.
- Indiana went 25-19-3 against the spread while putting up a 32-15 straight-up record when its opponents shot above 35.9% from three-point range.
- The Pacers’ three-point shooting percentage last season (36.4%) was three percentage points higher than opponents of the Celtics averaged (33.4%).
- Indiana went 30-18-1 ATS and 31-18 overall when the team hit more than 33.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Boston went 40-14-1 ATS and 42-13 overall in games it shot above 36.4% from deep.
- The Celtics connected on 12.5 three-pointers per game last season, 2.2 more made shots on average than the 10.3 per game the Pacers allowed.
- Boston went 31-14-2 against the spread and 37-10 overall last season in games it out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Indiana hit fewer threes than its opponents, it went 16-25-2 ATS and 21-22 straight up.
- The Pacers were the 29th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA a season ago, while the Celtics gave up the 10th-fewest makes from deep.
Celtics vs Pacers Stat Rankings
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Pacers AVG||Pacers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from