| Sportsbook Wire
The Denver Broncos (5-9) and Los Angeles Chargers (5-9) play a traditional AFC West rivalry game Sunday in Week 16, although it is without any playoff implications. Kickoff is at 4:05 p.m. ET at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, Calif. Below, we preview the Broncos-Chargers betting odds and lines and make our NFL picks and predictions.
Broncos at Chargers: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line : Broncos +160 (bet $100 to win $160) | Chargers -190 (bet $190 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Broncos +3.5 (-110) | Chargers -3.5 (-110)
- Over/Under : 48.5 (O: -115 | U: -105)
Special Colorado Betting Promotions
Make any $1 bet on the Denver Broncos, GET $100 (in free bets) in your account. Regardless of how the Broncos do this week, you win!Place your legal, online sports bets in Colorado at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Bet $1 on the Broncos money line this week, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if Broncos QB Drew Lock completes a pass during the game. Place your legal, online sports bets in Colorado at BetMGM . Bet now!
Special NFL Betting Promotion: Bet $1, WIN $100 (in free bets) offer for new BetMGM customers. Promotion available in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV. PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM’s risk-free, first-bet offer! MI residents, BetMGM is coming to your state soon – register early for special promotion. Bet now!
Broncos at Chargers: Game notes
- Chargers QB Justin Herbert is having a fantastic rookie season. He has 3,781 passing yards and 27 touchdown passes against 10 interceptions, and he has rushed for 199 yards and four scores.
- The Chargers have won two straight games.
- The Broncos won the earlier matchup between the two teams, a 31-30 home victory on the final play of the game.
- The Broncos have the fifth-worst scoring offense in the league, averaging only 19.7 points per game. They have scored over 19 points once in the last four games.
- The Chargers have the eighth-worst scoring defense in the league, giving up 27.8 points per contest.
Broncos at Chargers: Key injuries
- LB Bradley Chubb (ankle) questionable
- CB Nate Hairston (toe) questionable
- RB Phillip Lindsay (hip, knee) out
- DL Deshawn Williams (knee) questionable
- WR Keenan Allen (hamstring) questionable
- DE Joey Bosa (shin, concussion) out
- LB Denzel Perryman (back) questionable
- TE Hunter Henry (COVID-19 reserve) out
- DE Uchenna Nwosu (knee) out
Broncos at Chargers: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Chargers 27, Broncos 20
Money line ( ?)
The Chargers are coming off two straight wins and the Broncos have lost three of four. Having already lost to Denver earlier this season, the Chargers will want to pick up a home win. Both teams could be missing their top pass rusher and Denver will be missing its top running back. Expect a Chargers win at home to drop Denver to last place in the AFC West. Take the CHARGERS -190.
Against the spread ( ?)
Neither team has been a good bet ATS. Denver is 8-6 ATS, while Los Angeles is 7-7. The Chargers, though, have covered the spread in their last two games. Denver has been the underdog in every game it has played this season. Take the CHARGERS -3.5 ( -110).
Over/Under ( ?)
While the two teams combined for 61 points in their last meeting, this won’t be as high-scoring with both missing top offensive weapons. The Broncos are 2-4 O/U in their last six games, while the Chargers are 1-3 O/U in their last four. Take UNDER 48.5 ( -105).
Want action on this NFL game? Sign up and bet at BetMGM. If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow @senorjessroot on Twitter. Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.