Mohegans Open Poker Room Ahead of the Rest. Mohegan Sun’s Poker Room is located in the Casino of the Earth. It reopened 6 of its 33 tables Tuesday and will feature no more than 7 players per table. Mohegan Sun moved from the Casino of the Sky two years ago. All other New England casino Poker Rooms remain closed in Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Foxwoods in Connecticut.
The “Industry Innovator” tested its plan on Mohegan Sun Pocono. It recently closed again but will reopen on January 4th.
According to Cody Chapman, Mohegan Sun temporarily closed down its Poker Room in mid-March 2020, with the rest of the property due to the pandemic. Poker’s return at Mohegan Sun will not immediately feature promotions and tournaments, though updates will become available soon.
Additional Details and Safety Measures at Mohegan’s Poker Room
- Guests and team members will wear masks at all times.
- Physical distancing will be instituted and monitored.
- All active poker tables will use Polycarbonate dividers.
- Cards will be removed and sanitized at regular intervals.
- A player’s seat and section will be cleaned after they end their play.
- Guests must sanitize their hands before touching any cards. Sanitizing dispensers will be located throughout the Mohegan Sun Poker Room.
- The Mohegan Sun Poker Room is smoke-free, spacious, and well ventilated
Poker Room Play Details
- New hours: 10:00am – 2:00am; Hall of Lost Tribes
- Johnny Rockets Express & Hall of Lost Tribes Bar will not be open until further notice.
- Stadium Gaming inside Poker Room will be available 24/7.
- Guests must purchase buy-in at cage (first buy-in only).
- Call-ins, as well as table and seat changes, will not be permitted until further notice.
- Spectators and food will not be permitted until further notice.
- Mohegan’s Poker Room Poker promotions and tournaments are postponed until further notice.
Cody Chapman reports that “the most regular cash game offering in the Mohegan Sun Poker Room will currently be limit and no-limit Texas Hold ’Em, though other popular offerings include 7 Card Stud and Omaha, among others.” The Poker Room may move to 10 open tables soon. For more information on the Mohegan Sun Poker Room, visit mohegansun.com/playing/poker.html
New Hampshire Poker Rooms Have Been Booming
While smaller than Mohegan’s Poker Room, New Hampshire’s gambling is booming without a real casino! New Hampshire has a diverse, expansive New Hampshire poker scene with online gambling and its poker rooms. For detailed data on New Hampshire rooms, see the New Hampshire article here. Also, visit Poker Atlas for New Hampshire info and all that is important in your poker life.
And, check out the New Hampshire Poker News Forum on Facebook.
Related Posts – Comparing Rhode Island and New Hampshire Sports Betting and Charitable Gaming in New Hampshire and Vermont
Poker Rooms Open in the Northeast
- Casinos open, but most poker rooms remain closed.
- Hollywood Casino Perryville: Open. 7-handed. Plexiglas dividers. Masks required—no seat changes.
- Horseshoe Baltimore: Open. 8-handed. Masks and temperature checks are required—plexiglass dividers.
- Live! Casino: Open. Temperature checks and masks required. 7-handed. Running at least two tournaments per day throughout October.
- MGM National Harbor: Open. Mask required. Plexiglas dividers. 7-handed. Tournaments are scheduled at 11:15 am and 7:15 pm Mondays through Thursdays.
New Jersey & New York
- Borgata: 7-handed. With Plexiglas dividers. Masks required.
- Turning Stone: Open. Masks required—daily Sit-N-Gos.
Mohegans Open Poker Room Ahead of the Rest Summary
The Poker scene is on the verge of breaking out, if not a little at a time. But, future COVID surges and hotspots may change that, at least briefly. But, Mohegan Sun is ready to try. Will Foxwoods be next in line?