Chestnuts aren’t the only thing roasting on an open fire this time of year in Philadelphia.
The Philadelphia Eagles’ season is going down in flames, and the hot seat – for the general manager, head coach and franchise quarterback – is starting to sizzle.
The growing drama leading up to the 23-17 loss on Monday Night Football against the Seattle Seahawks was much more exciting than the Eagles’ sluggish performance.
Why it’s not so sunny in Philadelphia:
Monday’s loss puts the Eagles (3-7-1) in third place in the woeful NFC East.
Things don’t get easier for this team in disarray that has lost three in a row. The Eagles next three games are against the Green Bay Packers (8-3), New Orleans Saints (9-2) and Arizona Cardinals (6-5).
On Tuesday, Pennsylvania online sportsbook apps opened with the Eagles as 9-point underdogs against the Packers at Lambeau Field with the total points line at 47.5.
An all-time bad beat for Seattle backers
The Eagles performance has been maddening to fans and on Monday night, it bedeviled the majority of betting public who backed the Seahawks (-6.5).
- At FanDuel, 92% of the money was on the Seahawks (-6.5) to cover.
- At BetRivers, 88% of the money was on the Seahawks (-6.5) to cover.
Trailing 23-9, Eagles tight end Richard Rodgers caught a Hail Mary pass that was batted back to him for a touchdown for touchdown with 12 seconds left. Two-point conversion fanatic Pederson decided to go for it and Miles Sanders converted. Final score: Seahawks 23, Eagles 17.
Big bets that took a beating:
- A person in Nevada wagered $500,000 (to win $454,545) on the BetMGM sportsbook app on the Seahawks (-6.5).
- Another BetMGM user made a $189,190 wager (to win $171,991) on Seattle (-6.5)
Eagles updated win totals and playoff chances
Will the Eagles make the playoffs?
- Yes (-333)
- No (+235)
Eagles win totals
Odds via FanDuel as of 12/1)
- Over 4.5 (-200)
- Under 4.5 (+170)
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Green Bay Packers odds
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Green Bay Packers betting preview
Against the Seahawks, the Eagles started slow and punted on their first five drives. They didn’t get a first down until their final drive of the first half. The 15-play, 75-yard scoring drive cut the score to 14-6. It was the best sequence in a terrible night of football for the Eagles. Carson Wentz got sacked six times.
Through 11 games, Wentz has been sacked 46 times. (David Carr was sacked a record 76 times in 2002). Injuries to the offensive line, wide receivers who can’t get separation, and Pederson’s questionable play-calling makes it hard to tell to if Wentz has regressed or is simply not surrounded with any support.
During Week 12, the Green Bay Packers tightened their grip on a second straight NFC North title. Aaron Rodgers threw four touchdown passes to lead the Packers to a 41-25 win over the Chicago Bears. The Pack have a three-game lead over the slumping Bears (5-6).
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Green Bay Packers betting stats and info from DraftKings:
- The Eagles are 4-7 ATS, the Packers are 7-4.
- Four of the Eagles’ 11 games have hit the over; seven for the Packers.
- 31.7 ppg puts the Packers at the top, just barely above the Chiefs 31.
Week 13 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $1,000.
- Parlay Boost: Get a 20% profit boost on a 4+ leg parlay for any NFL games this weekend.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost every week:
- Risk-free $500 bet: Place your first bet and if it loses the FOX Bet sportsbook app will match it as a free bet up to $500.
- $1 bet pays $50: New users only. $1 bet pays $50 in free bets if the Eagles (or Steelers) score.
Philadelphia Eagles 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 16 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 28 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)||Dec. 1 (Week 13)|