Things are no longer joyful and triumphant for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
After starting the season 11-0, the Steelers suffered back-to-back losses. On Sunday Night Football, the Buffalo Bills and quarterback Josh Allen turned in a prime time performance en route to a 26-15 win. Allen threw for 283 yards and two touchdowns and safety Taron Johnson returned a Ben Roethlisberger interception for a touchdown.
For Week 15, the Steelers are 12.5-point favorites against the Cincinnati Bengals at Pennsylvania sports betting apps with the total points line at 40.5.
The Steelers are on an 11-game winning streak against the Bengals dating back to 2015.
Bettors were on to the Bills
The Bills easily covered the 2-point spread.
Betting splits from FanDuel Sportsbook for Steelers vs. Bills:
- 67% of the money was on the Bills (-2.5) to cover the spread
- 57% of the money was on the Steelers on the Moneyline (+118)
- 77% of the money was on the OVER (48.5)
At BetRivers, the public was split on the game:
- 52% of the money was on the Bills (-2) to cover the spread
- 54% of the money was on the Bills (-125) moneyline
- 55% of the money was on the UNDER (48.5)
At William Hill online sportsbook, the Steelers originally were listed as 2.5-point road favorites. The line flipped and made the Bills -2.5. The 5-point swing was the biggest one for any NFL Week 14 game.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals odds
|New Orleans Saints||-12.5 (-110)||-700||O 40.5 (-110)|
|Philadelphia Eagles||+12.5 (-110)||+500||U 40.5 (-110)|
Pittsburgh Steelers 2020 odds tracker
The Kansas City Chiefs (+180) remain the Super LV favorites. Before their two losses, the Steelers were the second-favorite (+550) but since then, have seen four teams move ahead of them: the Green Bay Packers (+650), New Orleans Saints (+700), Los Angeles Rams (+1100), and Buffalo Bills (+1200). The Steelers are now +1300.
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 1 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 27 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)||Dec. 3 (Week 13)||Dec. 8. (Week 14)||Dec. 15 (Week 15)|
|AFC North||+340||+220||+150||+120||-320||not listed||-800||-2500||-2000||-3000||-10000|
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals betting preview
The Steelers once-high flying offense has hit the skids. During their first six games, they averaged 30.5 points but in their last three contests, it sunk to 14.6 ppg. The offense has been overly reliant on Roethlisberger who has attempted 90 passes over the last two games. In those two games, the Steelers have only run the ball 31 times. In another downward trend, the Steelers receivers have dropped at least 19 passed in the last three weeks.
The Bengals have been in a tailspin since rookie quarterback Joe Burrow suffered a season-ending knee injury in Week 11. Since then, the Bengals have been outscored 68-31 with Ryan Finley and Brandon Allen filing in under center. The Bengals are coming off a 30-7 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals betting stats and info from DraftKings:
- The Steelers are 8-5 ATS; the Bengals are 7-6.
- Five of the Steelers’ 13 games have gone OVER. Cincinnati’s O/U record is 6-7.
- The Steelers’ win probability is 84%.
- Cincinnati has covered the spread in four of their last five games at Paul Brown Stadium.
- The Steelers are on an 11-game winning streak against the Bengals.
- Each of the Steelers’ last eight night games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Week 15 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit, and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost every week:
- Risk-free $500 bet: Place your first bet, and if it loses, the Fox Bet sportsbook app will match it as a free bet up to $500.
- $1 bet pays $50: New users only. $1 bet pays $50 in free bets if the Steelers score.
Check back closer to game time for the latest PA sportsbook bet boosts and specials.
Complete Week 15 NFL Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Matt Durisko