Nothing seems to be able to stop the 11-0 Pittsburgh Steelers.
Their originally scheduled Thanksgiving Day was postponed three times before they finally took the field on Wednesday afternoon. Twenty-three Baltimore Ravens landed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list and missed the game including NFL MVP Lamar Jackson.
By kickoff, the Steelers were between 10.5 to 11-point favorites. The Steelers’ offense struggled, converting for only one touchdown in four trips to the red zone. They put up a season-low 19 points but it was enough to beat the Ravens 19-14. The win eliminated the Ravens from contention for the AFC North crown.
Due to the schedule disruptions, the Steelers’ Week 13 game against the Washington Football Team has been moved to Monday, Dec. 7 at 5 p.m. Running back James Connor is likely out, but it looks like Ben Roethlisberger will play.
PA sports betting apps opened with the Steelers as 8.5-point favorites with the total points line at 42. By Monday, the Steelers were a 6.5-point favorite.
Betting splits for Washington vs. Pittsburgh
Betting splits from FanDuel Sportsbook for Washington vs. Steelers as of Monday afternoon:
- 68% of the money is on the Steelers (-6.5) to cover the spread
- 73% of the money is on the Steelers (-280) on the moneyline
- 60% of the money is on the OVER (43.5)
Betting splits from BetRivers Sportsbook as of Monday afternoon:
- 77% of the money is on the Steelers (-6.5) to cover the spread
- 91% of the money is on the Steelers (-286) on the moneyline
- 72% of the handle is on the OVER (41.5)
Pittsburgh is an NFL-best 8-3 ATS. However, they are just 1-3-1 O/U in their last five games.
Washington Football Team vs. Pittsburgh Steelers odds
|Week 13 Odds||Spread||Moneyline||Over/Under|
|Washington Football Team||+7 (-114)||+265||O 42.5 (-110)|
|Pittsburgh Steelers||-7 (-106)||-330||U 42.5 (-110)|
Steelers odds to go 16-0
Thirteen teams (including the 2020 Steelers) in the Super Bowl era have started a season 11-0.
Here is the latest breakdown on the “Steelers to go 16-0” market at DraftKings: Yes (+305)/No (-400)
Before their game vs. the Ravens, odds were: Yes (+700)/No (-1350)
Pittsburgh Steelers 2020 odds tracker
The Kansas City Chiefs (+280) remain the Super LV favorites. The Steelers and New Orleans Saints, both at +550, have the next best odds.
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 1 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 27 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)||Dec. 3 (Week 13)|
|AFC North||+340||+220||+150||+120||-320||not listed||-800||-2500||-20000|
Washington Football Team vs. Pittsburgh Steelers betting preview
Head coach Mike Tomlin described the Steelers’ play against the Ravens as “junior varsity” level.
“We did enough to win tonight, that’s all,” said Tomlin.
The tone of Tomlin and the players didn’t sound like a team that is undefeated and had just beaten a division rival. Detractors might call the Steelers the “worst 11-0 team ever.” However, so far the Steelers have set the bar high and opponents and COVID disruptions haven’t stopped them. During the Ravens game, the Steelers lost linebacker Bud Dupree to a season-ending ACL tear. He was playing with a franchise tag in 2020 and will be a free agent when the season ends.
The Washington Football Team played on Thanksgiving and feasted on the Dallas Cowboys. They put up their highest point total of the season en route to a 41-16 win. At 4-7, Washington was tied for first place in the NFC East before the New York Giants upset the Seahawks in Week 13 to take over the top spot. Now Washington sits in second place.
Washington Football Team vs. Steelers stats and info from DraftKings
- The Steelers are 8-3 ATS; Washington is 5-5-1.
- Both teams have an identical O/U record of 5-5-1.
- Washington failed to cover the spread in each of its last eight Monday games.
- The Steelers have lost the first quarter in three of their last four games as favorites.
- Steelers turnover differential is +12, Washington’s turnover differential is -5.
Week 13 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $1,000.
- MNF Primetime Prop: Bet on First TD Scorer and get your money back (up to $20) if he scores any time.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost every week:
- Risk-free $500 bet: Place your first bet and if it loses, the Fox Bet sportsbook app will match it as a free bet up to $500.
- $1 bet pays $50: New users only. $1 bet pays $50 in free bets if the Steelers score.
Week 13 Steelers vs. Washington bet boosts
(Max bet $50)
- Steelers and Bills both to win boosted from (+153) to +180
- JuJu Smith-Schuster to score a touchdown and Steelers to win boosted from (+230) to +300
- Chase Claypool and Terry McLaurin to combine for 150+ receiving yards boosted from (+400) to +500
- Steelers and Bills both to win boosted from (+200) to +225
- Chase Claypool and Deebo Samuel to combine for 150+ receiving yards boosted from (+140) to +170
- Steelers D/ST to score the 1st TD boosted from (+215) to +240
- Ben Roethlisberger 3 or more passing TDs boosted from (+150) to +200
- Antonio Gibson to score a TD in the 1st quarter boosted from (+400) to +500
- Benny Snell to score the first TD boosted from (+600) to +700
- Final score: Steelers 28, Washington 21 boosted from (+8000) to +10000
- Washington Football Team to score first & cover +7.5 (yes) +225
- Steelers, Bills, Ravens all to win (yes) +218
- Any 3 to score a TD – Stefon Diggs, Antonio Gibson, Cole Beasley, Diontae Johnson, Jerick McKinnon (yes) +200
- Ben Roethlisberger 250+ passing yards, Chase Claypool 1+ TD (yes) +165
- JuJu Smith-Schuster and Terry McLaurin each to record 75+ receiving yards (yes) +375
Complete Week 13 NFL Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Don Wright